History will be kind to me for I intend to write it. -Winston Churchill

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Revealed: Part Five

To read the first part, click HERE.


How could he have outsmarted me? Me, someone who knew how he worked, knew his every likely move and scheme. The truth was humiliated- he had outwitted me.
"Trevor Trekker," I finally spat after finishing off a good round of swearing. "I am going to do something really bad to do you."
"Hey, don't look at me!" Trevor exclaimed, feigning innocence. Dominik, his sister and young Audrey looked on, their faces one of confusion and amusement. It made me all the more mad. "I've been here the whole time. I don't know where it is!"
"Your future self stole it!"
"How was I to know Future Self was going to pull a stunt like that? I don't control myself in the future."
It didn't even make sense. Why was I arguing with him over this? What was more important was to jump back to the day he stole it and stop him then.
"Fine," I growled. "Then we're going to stop your "Future Self" from stealing what's mine."
"Aww, Mykola!" Trevor groaned. "Why does it even matter anyways? You can get loads of those Inca ambulant in the Mayan age. They're all over the place."
It was like talking to a child. I was ready to shoot the man right then and there, but I held my temper and sucked in a deep breath. "Trevor, I want that one. And we're going to get it. So help me, if I have to tie you and leave you in the future to get a hold of that ambulant I will!"
"Fine." Trevor rolled his eyes and turned to Audrey. "I guess we'll be seeing you last week, Audrey. I'm so sorry to get you mixed into this."
Audrey nodded. "It's okay, there's nothing that you could have done to stop this." She glanced over at Elizaveta. "It was nice to meet you, Marin. I hope we can talk on more pleasant terms in the future." Audrey sent a glare in my direction.
"Why does everyone blame me for all of this?" I muttered. "Why not blame the Scotsman, who invented the time machine in the first place."
"Because he's not the one who's abusing time, Mr. Mykola," Elizaveta said quietly.
I hadn't even realized I'd turned around until the back of my hand made contact with the eleven-year-old's face. Elizaveta cried out and fell back, Dominik leaping into action and standing in front of her to shield her from me.
"Leave her alone!" he snarled.
"Marin!" Trevor ran forward and knelt down beside her. Audrey brushed by me and ran to his side to help. Together they helped her up. Elizaveta's nose was bleeding.
"Stand down, Dominik!" I barked. I gritted my teeth, my fists clenched until I could hardly feel them. This had gone far enough. Trevor had overstepped the boundary. I was going to stop him, once and for all.
Dominik glared at me and shook his head. "You've crossed the line, Mykola. I don't know why I let you boss me around. Perhaps it was because I was afraid of you and the power I thought you possessed in time travel. But no more! You hit my sister and I will not let you hurt her anymore."
I raised an eyebrow. "Dominik, you didn't even know she was your sister until yesterday."
"I don't care. Family is family, and you will not hurt mine."
"Leave them alone, Mykola!" Audrey snapped. "What have they ever done to you?"
"You stay out of this!" I warned with a point of my finger. "You're not part of this argument."
"You made me part of it the minute you came onto my property. What is this all about, jealousy?"
I took a step forward and Dominik blocked me from going any further. "Get. Back."
This had gone far enough. I was done playing the game of valiant helper. I reached into my pocket to withdraw my pistol- and stopped. This can't be. I checked my other pocket. No. No, how-
"If you're looking for this," Audrey said, holding up my P35, "I snitched it from you when I shoved past you."
"Thank you, miss Audrey." Dominik put his hand out for the pistol. She hesitated and glanced over at Trevor. He and Elizabeta turned their gazes to each other, then nodded. Audrey gave Dominik the gun.
"Dominik!" I was seething now. I couldn't believe it. I'd gotten so far. I'd blackmailed so many people, I'd worked towards this for years. And it was unraveling before my eyes at this very minute.
"I know the look of a killer." Dominik gazed at me, his own brown eyes cold and hard. "I've seen it in some of my comrades on the front at Kursk. I can't stand the look. But once I see it, there's no doubt in my mind that the man I see it in is one I want to stay away from." He paused, narrowing his eyes at me. "The moment I saw that look cross your face when we first brought the Scotsman and the- well, my sister, to the future, I knew you were a killer. I knew that, despite all your previous lies and assurances you didn't want to hurt anyone, you were going to kill the time traveler. I've been waiting my chance since then to stop you. I am a soldier, yes. I am- well, was- fighting in a war. But I am not a killer."
"You're never going to get back to your time period, Dominik. Not without my help."
He shrugged. "I think your Scots friend might be able to help me."
At this I laughed, stepping back. I held up 4T for all of them to see. "You forget who has this. Without it, Trevor is helpless to stop me. I guess I'll just have to leave you three in this time period forever." With a flash of movement I turned the dial, strapping the watch to my wrist.
"No, Mykola!" Trevor jumped to his feet and raced forward. "No, don't do this!"
Dominik cocked the gun and leapt forward. "Hand it over!"
Already the mechanism began to work. Everything around me began to fade away and be replaced by who-knows-what era. "Too late!" I called.
With a flash of light, they were gone and I was in what appeared to be ancient Greece.
Too late for all of you, I thought.
Perhaps my perfect revenge hadn't worked out, but in the end, I had still won. Trevor was stuck in the Civil War for the rest of his days, and I had 4T.
A frown crossed my face. If he really is stuck there forever, then how did he manage to beat me to Audrey's place? That could not be good. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go to the source of my problems. It was time to visit young Trevor Trekker a visit and end this forever.

11 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! This is a cool story.
    --Eve
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This story just gets more exciting!!! :D
    Is it going to finish this month, or go on into February?
    God bless!
    Indi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will finish this month. We're getting back on schedule in February- we hope... Marin and I have a really, REALLY busy schedule the next coming weeks (months). Hopefully we can keep up on this...

      Delete
    2. No kidding. Busy is right! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! This get more and more interesting every chapter! :D
    You should totally make this into a book! *hint* *hint!* ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! A book would be perfect!!

      Delete
    2. It would make an awesome book... :)

      Delete
    3. Yes! I'd love a history book from Trevor and Marin's perspective. HINT HINT (Megs, I'm just amping up your response a bit!)

      Delete
    4. Am I detecting hints of people wanting us to write a book... ?????

      Delete
    5. Indi: Thanks! ;)
      Mister Trekker: Oh yes, please write a book! I would definitely buy it! :D (actually, I think all us readers would!)

      Delete

Leave us a comment!