History will be kind to me for I intend to write it. -Winston Churchill

Monday, April 14, 2014

Trevor's Time Travel Teleport (4T)

           Face it, you always wanted to time travel. Maybe you wanted to fix a mistake you made in the past. Perhaps you wanted to travel to the future to see what kind of flying cars they have. Or, maybe you just want to know what your parents were like when they were younger.

One way or another, you thought about it. You wanted to do something that involved traveling through time. But you found out early on that no one had invented a time machine. Well, at least no one from the future had appeared at your doorstep inviting you to go on an adventure through the time space continuum.

I’ll even bet that some of you want to time travel to see what it was like in the past, what living during those time periods in your history books was like.

“Hold it!” I can hear some of you say. “This is a set up, isn’t it? You’re going to make up a whole long list why we should study our history books. After all, those who don’t read history are ‘doomed to repeat it.’”

Actually no, those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Though if you don’t read it, that too will be your ticket of doom. It’s in the context, you know?

I’m not going to give you a long list of why you should read history. I’m not going to tell you how exciting it is and how much you’ll learn from it. I’m not going to make you read historical facts and figures.

I’m going to show it to you.
Myself, Trevor Trekker.
 My name is Clever Trevor Trekker.
 Marin says that's a dumb name, but I like it. Not only am I clever, (I’m Scottish, after all. That automatically makes me smart) but I trek all through history and my name is Trevor. Clever Trevor Trekker. That’s me in a nutshell.
And I’m a time traveler.

“That’s impossible!” You naysayers exclaim. “No one has invented a time machine.”

Well, I have. It’s called Trevor’s Time Traveling Teleport. Or 4T, whichever you prefer.

4T would look like a normal wrist watch to you, a mere mechanism build for telling time. I’m here to tell you 4T not only tells time, it travels through time. I can’t even begin to describe the things I’ve seen, the places I’ve been! The people I meet are extraordinary, the stories I hear marvelous. History is a fascinating spectrum, a place full of wild happenings and crazy events.

I was just like you, kid. I didn’t like studying history in a book, I didn’t like memorizing information and timelines. I’d rather live it than read about it, who wants to read a textbook full of facts and names?

That’s why I created 4T, so I could travel back in time and see what it was like. No more lists, I was going to live it!

And now I invite you to join Marin, myself and my trusty 4T on an epic journey to faraway places, places you can’t even imagine living in. Okay, well, maybe you can. Some of you have huge imaginations and are probably quite good at envisioning yourself in the Dust Bowl or on a ship heading to America. Just humor me for a bit, alright? It’s not every day I decide to let the world know about my adventures or 4T. After all, I don’t want the bad guys to get a hold of it. Not fun.

My assistant, Marin Maklakov
Hmm? Marin? Oh, Marin! She’s my assistant. I found her, orphaned, living in Czechoslovakia (now the Czech Republic) during World War Two. She’s around your ages, she’s eleven. Marin is the name I chose for her when I met her, I don’t think you’d be able to pronounce her Czech name. It’s really long.

If there ever was a girl who understands the importance of learning from history, it’s Marin. She lived during a time period that saw storms of darkness and evil threats that would have overtaken the world if the allies hadn’t fought back.

Goodness, I’m getting ahead of myself. I’ll let Marin tell her story when we pass through her time period. She can tell it way better than I can.

“Well Mr. Trekker, if you’re a time traveler, what time period did you come from?” you might ask.

The year 2025. But we’re not going to focus on the future, just the past. After all, as a friend of mine always said, “if you mess with time travel too much you’ll wreck the time space continuum.” I haven’t found that to be true with going to the past, but I don’t think you want to come with me to the future, just in case. First off, it’s not that great. Sure, we’ve got plenty of interesting things, but-well, I guess I’ll just let you get there yourself in a couple years. Then you’ll see. 


Okay, let’s wrap this up a bit. What can you expect coming along with me?


1) You’re going to learn history. Better get used to it, one way or another you’re going to learn something you didn’t know. For those of you who enjoy history, you’re going to love travelling with Marin and I. We’ll show you stories and people you probably haven’t heard about. We’re going to have fun!


2) Each month we’re going to focus on a different time period. Week one of each month is introduction week, we’ll look at some of the information of the time period we’re traveling to. (Don’t sigh, I can’t take you to the past if you don’t know something about it. Otherwise you wouldn’t fit in and the bad guys would drag you off to interrogate and force things out of you for the rest of your life. Not fun, Marin and I had that happen to us once. I’ll explain more on that later when we embark on our adventures together.) 


3) On week two, Marin and I will recommend the best books on that time period, just for you! We’ll tell you who the author is, what it’s about and the age group it’s for. Marin and I have read all the books we’re recommending, so we’ll be sure to add any notes on objectionable content in case there’s something in there you’re not supposed to read. 


4) Weeks three and four (and sometimes five, depending on what month it is) are the weeks you’re not going to want to miss. Those are the weeks that we’re going to take you to visit the time period and show you around! I want to break out into a Scottish jig just thinking about it! Between Marin and myself, we’ll take you to visit all kinds of neat places, from a scary beach in Maine to the biggest water dam in America. I’ll be sure to introduce you to people you might have read about, and Marin will show you what it would be like if you lived in the past. 


5) If you have any questions about myself, Marin or any time period in history, you can click on our profile pages or email either Marin or I about it. When you write an email, just tell who it's for and what you want to know. We’ll do our best to answer your questions!




4T, my time traveling wristwatch
That’s it, we’re ready to get started. Tell me, are you the tiniest bit interested? Do you want to know just a little about the past and what it’s like? Perhaps you want to know if Indiana Jones was real or not. (Sadly, no. But I can tell you some stories about men who were like Indiana Jones.) Whatever your questions, come with Marin and I and we’ll take you on the journey of a lifetime.

Are you ready? Then follow me, ‘cause things are about to get wild! 

37 comments:

  1. Well, wowwie wow wow, Clever Trevor! I'm glad I found your site. I intend to share your blog with my friends and follow you. I don't want to miss a single adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Miss Carter, we're happy to have you aboard! Marin is a big fan of all of your books, in fact she has been eagerly awaiting your fourth Goldtown book River of Peril.
      Hope you enjoy the ride, thank you for recommending us!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Miss Carter for recommending us, we're so excited that you like our site. I do love your books and I cannot wait for your new Circle C Milestones to come out, they look fascinating!
      Again, thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hello Mr. Trevor,
    This sounds like a great blog! You can count on me to watch for every new post! =D
    I love Scots! ;)
    I really like 4T, it's a beautiful watch. =)
    It's kinda weird though, I've been writing a story for a few months, about four time travelers; And they use their wristwatches to travel through time too!
    I LOVE history, so I will definitely be reading your great blog!
    ~Megs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Megs, glad to have you along! And yes, we Scots are amazing. I should know, as I am one. (Marin would disagree with me on that point, but she's allowed her own opinion, I guess.) ;)
      Four other time travelers have a wristwatch for time traveling, you say? Well I shall keep an eye out for them, I haven't met any others who've invented one so I'm excited to know I'm not the only one out there!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I disagree with you on that, Trevor. Scots are very good people but they're not all amazing. Some of the Scotsmen you've introduced me to have proved to be quite...shall I say, uncivilized? It didn't help we were in the year one thousand, but still. I discovered I can't expect all of them to act like you. ;)
      Thank you for joining us Megs, we're excited to have you with us. :)

      Delete
    3. Oh whatever.The point is I'm Scottish and I'm amazing. Doesn't get more clear than that. ;)

      Delete
    4. Yep Mr. Trevor, there are four other time travelers out there. Here are their names, incase you ever run into them: Amy Hyde, Joshua Peterson, and Aaron and Ivy Rochester. I think that you would like them Marin, they are a little bit older than you, (they are all 16) but they are still fun! ;)
      But actually, the kids themselves didn't invent the watches. I'd tell you more, but their first book is still in the process of being finished, so they'd rather not tell anyone too much just yet. You probably know why... ;)
      Oh yeah, since you are an "Amazing Scotsman", do you have an amazing accent too? ;)

      Delete
    5. Just for the record: I like the Scotts too...even their bagpipes (several siblings disagree with me on that... :P)

      Delete
    6. Ooo, I love bagpipes! They are loud, but soo pretty! ^_^

      Delete
    7. *high five* Yay! Another bagpipe fan! :D

      Delete
    8. High five coming right back at 'cha! =D

      Delete
    9. I love them as well! They are really pretty!

      Delete
    10. HAH! I've got the crowds on my side, Marin! Looks like I win this argument. ;)
      And yes Megs, I have an amazing accent. I'm Scottish, that automatically makes my accent just as amazing as my ancestry. ;)

      Delete
    11. *Sighs* fine, you win Trevor. ;)

      Delete
    12. Of course! Accents are just amazing! :)
      Do either of you play any instruments?
      I saw your comment below Mister Trekker, and I'm so happy you are both Christians! I'm a Christian too! :D

      Delete
    13. Good for you, Megs. Time travel only proves the obvious facts-there is a God and he created this world.

      And no, I do not play any instruments. Marin's fiddled with a few, but we really don't have a lot of time to learn how to play. We know those who do, though!

      Delete
    14. Oh yeah, I should have known you'd be too busy, it takes practice to learn one! Yes, and a beautiful world He created indeed! :D

      Delete
  3. This is really cool!
    Skylar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome aboard Skylar and Jordan, hope you enjoy some time trekking with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, welcome to the wild adventure of time travel, Skylar and Jordan. We're happy to have you along. Hope you enjoy our time trek! (As I noticed Trevor forgot to mention we're 'time trekking', not just 'trekking'.) ;)

      Delete
    2. Whoops, missed that. Thanks Marin. ;)

      Delete
  5. Wow this looks like fun! I too am a history nut! One of my favorite periods would have to be the Civil War....
    Just curious, is this blog run on Christian values?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I was wondering the same thing

      Delete
    2. Whoops, sorry we didn't get to these right away. We were down in Australia to help Captain Cook find the island. But we're back now!
      Yes, we are based on Christian values. Both Marin and myself are Christians and proud of it. :)

      Delete
    3. Wooohhhooooo!!!!!! History is SOOO much cooler when from a Christian perspective!

      Delete
    4. Indeed it is, Miss French. No worries about the evolution debate on history, we do not believe in that and are firm Creation believers. :)

      Delete
  6. I'm looking forward to your next post! It seems very interesting:) And I would have to agree that Scots are amazing. Maybe it's the accent. :P

    -Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  7. You might have just got a new commenter:-)(and by might I mean you do);-);-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like it will be a lot of fun! I really, really like history, and I'd love to learn a lot more about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE HISTORY!!! So...that of course means I will definitely be returning with high hopes to your blog. It was very interesting reading it I'm sure! :)
    I've written a short story about five siblings going back in time to retrieve a dinosaur bone that had been stolen from their uncle's museum.
    Hmm...time traveling seems to be a popular theme! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, ladies. We're excited to have you along! Welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a question for the intrepid Trekkor:
    HOW do you get those PICTURES to post of your commenters? Mine are just sillouettes. Grrr. Wish I could do pictures too! I'm so happy to see so many readers exploring your site, you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Carter, I have no idea how those pictures show up. They just do! We were wondering the same thing, as they show up on some blogs and not on others. We're not quite sure how that works. :)

      Delete

Leave us a comment!