History will be kind to me for I intend to write it. -Winston Churchill

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Revealed: Part one

"Hey Marin!"
Marin glanced up at her adopted father. She was right in the middle of gluing sparkles onto her picture, something Trevor had introduced her to as a way to do art.
"What's going on, Trevor?" she asked.
Trevor grinned, hiding something behind his back. "Oh, nothin' much," he said, that mischievous grin growing wider.
Marin frowned. "If it's creepy, I don't want to see it."
"Aww, come on, Marin! Where's your sense of adventure?" Trevor walked towards her art table.
"Back in Czechoslovakia, where it's going to stay."
Trevor rolled his eyes and slumped into a chair next to the eleven-year-old girl. "You're no fun," he complained.
Marin sighed and gave him a look. "Promise me you're not going to scare me with whatever's behind your back."
"I can't tell a lie."
"Then I don't want to see it."
"Oh, fine!" Trevor muttered. "I, Trevor Trekker, solemnly swear I will not scare you with what's behind my back."
"Okay, let's see it."
Trevor slowly withdrew his arms, his hands cupped. "Okay, you ready?" he smiled. "It's really cool."
Marin leaned forward. "I can't see anything."
With a sudden motion he opened his hands and a flash of movement flew out of his hands.
"Augh!" Marin screeched. She fell back in her chair and crashed to the floor. The butterfly came and landed on her nose. "Trevor, you promised!" she wailed.
"I didn't do that on purpose! I just wanted it to fly so you could see it's beautiful colors!"
He was right about one thing. The butterfly's blue wings fluttered with flashes of red, yellow and green. The winged insect was at least the size of both of Marin's hands. It was huge.
"Well, it is pretty," Marin agreed. She slowly stood up, the butterfly still stuck to her nose. "I would like it better if it got off my face."
"You can be such a grouch," Trevor commented as he put his finger out on Marin's face, pulling the butterfly away from her.
"Sorry."
Trevor shook his head. "I just mean you need to lighten up. Have fun. Live life adventurously and joyful!"
Marin gave a little smile as she reset her chair and sat back down. "That would be great. But I just can't seem to get a handle on looking at life like you do, Trevor. I'm always waiting for something bad to happen."
It was as if someone was listening for those exact words. Without warning, there was a bright flash of light. Trevor yelped and Marin screeched. It felt like a tornado had ripped through the room.
The next instant they were both sitting on a carpeted floor, gasping for air. They were no longer back at their cave in Hawaii.
"Where, what, how, where..." Marin stammered.
Trevor glanced around the room frantically. He leapt to his feet and pulled Marin up. There were computers everywhere, and a couple of random chairs here and there. Three windows let streaming light in, but the place was still dim.
Next to one of the windows stood two men. One of them Trevor recognized as the man who had helped him save Marin from the Nazis. The other man...
"That's not possible," Trevor managed. He stared at the blond-haired, blue eyed man. The guy was grinning like a maniac. "You, how-"
"Greetings, Trevor," he said in a near perfect British accent. "It's been a long time, has it not?"
Marin looked from the two men to Trevor. "Trevor, who are they?" she whispered.
Trevor stared the blond-man in the eye. "Someone I didn't think I'd meet up with or wanted to meet."
The blond man grinned. "Did you really think I wouldn't find you? That I wouldn't figure out some way to track you down? I'm not stupid, McIntyre."
"McIntyre?" Marin repeated. "Trevor, what is going on?"
Gone was Trevor's happy-go-lucky demeanor. In its place was a solemn, sober and subdued version of the usually upbeat Scottish time traveler.
Trevor glanced at his daughter. "Marin, I don't think I ever mentioned to you that you're not the only one who knows about my time watch, 4T." He looked back over at the blond man. "This is Mykola Shapoval. The first person I ever met in my time travels. And the last man I ever wanted to see again."

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, is Mykola Shapoval a real person in history?
    I was wondering who does the cooking you or Marin?
    God Bless
    --Eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! Now they're in for it! Ahhh! The suspense, the suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This doesn't look all that good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. anonymous awesomenessNovember 30, 2014 at 7:10 PM

    whoa, this new man looks like trouble! wonder how Trevor met him. can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is getting interesting.
    I now know why "The Bad Guys" always "talked" in Ukrainian...
    Don't worry Mister Trekker, you'll find a way out of the clutches of "Микола Юхимович Шаповал", or in English: Mykola Yukhymovych Shapoval.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Megs, where did you get the "Yukhymovych" part for Mykola's name? That didn't make any sense to me, but I thought it was interesting. What does it mean?
      Just wanted to know! :D

      Delete
    2. Oh, I googled his name and found it under Wikipedia. :)
      I think it's his middle name...not sure what it means exactly. :/
      Here's the link to what I found about him: :)
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mykola_Shapoval
      Hope that helps! :)

      Delete
    3. Неправильний Шаповал , міс Megs . Я народився в 1973 році.

      Delete
    4. Opps! Never mind then...
      Sorry about that! My bad. :/

      Delete
    5. Well I still thought it was interesting reading about the other Mykola Shapoval. I'd never heard of him before, and I know a lot about Ukrainian/Russian history. :) Thanks for telling us about him, Megs!

      Delete

Leave us a comment!