History will be kind to me for I intend to write it. -Winston Churchill

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Revealed: Part Eight

Previously on Revealed: Part Seven
"I will find you, Trevor!" I yelled in the wind, more to myself than anyone else. "I will find you and I will make you pay!"
He would pay for what he'd done to my family and to my life. I would make him suffer.

And I'd start with that woman he was crazy over. Let's see how much he enjoyed having those he loved being taken away from him! But I'd have to devise a carefully laid out plan...

I had tried to grab Marin in the 1770s when I'd located their signal during the Revolutionary War. I knew the best way to find Trevor was to find Marin. Trevor was sporadic and all over the place all the time, his past self not much better. Dominik was quick and deadly, he wasn't someone I wanted to mess with. But Marin was the link to finding Trevor fast. I had some news for him.
But some German guy had stepped in the way and had threatened to shoot me. The Trevors and Dominik showed up and I had to disappear. I had no weapon. I hadn't planned on needing one. My threats were to be dealt with orally this round. Too bad they had run me off-- now Trevor was just going to have to pay for his insolence.
I found myself in a sparse piece of land in the English countryside. 4T's dial read 1603. Odd that of all the eras he's explored, this is the one she lives in. But Trevor always liked meeting people who lived in the UK. Though in this time period, it was a bit surprising he'd fall in love with a English woman, considering he was Scottish. Now I had to find out if he'd ever approached her or not.
The cottage was simple enough to find. There were hardly any others. I remembered how he'd described it to me, his eyes full of stars and hearts. Back then he hadn't the courage to talk to her. Perhaps he'd finally approached her and confessed his undying love. Even if he hasn't talked to her, she'll make a good hostage, I decided.
I knew I looked out of place in my two piece suit and fedora, but that didn't matter. I had the excuse of being from a different country, though I'd perfected my English to a near British accent, I still had the hints of my Ukrainian ancestry. It worked fine when explaining to people in other eras that I was a from a far and distant land. I snorted. Far indeed. You just don't realize how far.
Approaching the small stone cottage, I rapped on the door. No one answered. Frowning, I knocked on it again. Maybe I'll just have to break it down.
Ah, no need. There she was, feeding the chickens by the small stone barn.
I smiled to myself, walking over to the backyard, my hands in my pockets nonchalantly. My right hand closed around the Tokarev pistol in my pocket. I was ready to use any means possible to grab this woman.
"Good day," I called.
She looked up, her green eyes meeting mine. I had to admit, she was stunning.
"Good day to you," she replied respectfully. She glanced me over, her brow furrowing. "I haven't seen you around these parts, my good sir. Are you from Stonehinge?"
"No, I'm afraid I'm not." I chuckled. "I come from across the ocean in a distant land called the Tsardom of Muscovy. I am only passing through this area. Tell me, where am I and what is your name?"
"You are in Yorkshire," she informed me. "I am Ilene. Is there anything I may help you with?"
That was the last bit of information I needed. I had been eighty percent sure that she was the one, but now I knew for sure. This was Ilene. This was the young woman that Trevor would do anything to help.
"Yes, you can help me." I grinned, slowly withdrawing my pistol. "You see, I have a friend who cares very much about you. And I think it's about time you've met him."

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....CLIFF HANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every story on every blog follow is ending in a cliffhanger!! AUGH!!!! It's driving me CRAZY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy here we go again... ;) going to leave us hanging for another month...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for the next part! And that's an understatement!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment!