History will be kind to me for I intend to write it. -Winston Churchill

Monday, December 8, 2014

Answer Session 1

Wow! We got quite the turnout on questions. Thanks so much for all the great inquiries guys!

Since there were so many questions, we're going to split this up into two posts. Hope that sounds fair to you. If your question wasn't answered in this post, that means we're going to answer it in the next.


Hope this one's not too personal...but how come you've never gotten married, Mr. Trekker?

Trevor: Oh, well, uhm... it's not really that it's personal, it's more of that, well, I actually have never gone out with a woman or found one that I was really attracted to. That is, except one. But, I never actually officially have met her. I just know who she is and about her life and stuff, but she's... well, she's British. And Scots don't marry Brits. Otherwise she would have been perfect, despite the fact we've actually never met and she has no idea who I am.
Marin: In other words, he really likes this lady but was too afraid to approach her and talk to her.
Trevor: Marin!
Marin: He really likes her. I mean, really likes her. He wants to marry her. :)
Trevor: I will neither confirm or deny that...


Trevor: What is your favorite country besides Scotland?

Trevor: Oh. That is really hard. I've been to many great countries that I loved. I like them all! But if I were to chose one, it would be the United States. I love the history, the people and the culture. America really is like no other country. Not to say it doesn't have its problems, but it is quite a fascinating place.

Marin, What was the most exciting adventure you have been on with Trevor so far?

Marin: Oh, goodness. That is hard. I don't know how to answer that. We've done so many exciting things... but probably by far, the scariest and most exciting one was when I first met Trevor three years ago, in Czechoslovakia. That was the scariest and most adventuresome adventure I ever went on with Trevor. It was crazy- the Nazis were ripping up the town trying to find Trevor, and I was terrified that he as well as I would be caught and imprisoned. Or worse. It was by far the biggest adventure I can recall.

Marin: Do you ever wish that you stayed in Czechoslovakia, and never meet Mister Trekker?

Marin: I miss Czechoslovakia a lot. I miss my hometown, I miss my people. I miss talking to people who speak my language. But no, I would never, ever wish I had not met my adopted father. I know God arranged this. Trevor is my Dad. And I love him a lot. So no, I don't wish I stated in Czechoslovakia.
Trevor: Well, I'm glad to hear that. I was getting worried...

For both Trevor and Marin: What is your favourite song?
Trevor: Hmmm... What would you say, Marin?
Marin: I have no idea on one song we could choose.
Trevor: I've got several ideas.
Marin: Let's just choose one.
Trevor: We both love Be Thou My Vision, that is our favorite song in the hymnal. That's probably our favorite song.

Marin and Trevor: Who is your favourite composer?
Trevor: Oh boy, I have no idea.
Marin: Uhm, Tchaikovsky?
Trevor: Sure, let's go with that. Tchaikovsky. I always did have fun helping him write the 1812 Overture. Those were some good times.

-OVERRIDE- OVERRIDE- OVERRIDE- OVERRIDE-
Mykola Shapoval, How did you get on Trevor's blog without him knowing, and how do you control what comments he can see???

Mykola: Too complicated for you to understand. I have my ways.

-CONTINUE-


Marin: Do you like time traveling?

Marin: Yes, I do! There's so much to see and so much to learn. Not to mention all of the adventures waiting. But sometimes it's also nice to just sit back and enjoy times when things are at a slow, easy pace, too.

Trevor: Do you have a family?

Trevor: Well, I consider Marin my family, after all I did adopt her. As far as parents, I was fostered as a child in Scotland, I didn't really ever know my parents. I had a great foster Mom though, she was the one who encouraged me to pursue my love of inventing. I had a lot of foster siblings, one of which was like a brother to me. His name was Rodney. I haven't seen him in years, I don't know what became of him. He was moved to a different family when I was seven, I never saw him again.

Trevor: Will you ever make a book about all your adventures?

Trevor: Uhm, I'd like to. Someday.
Marin: Keep asking him everyone. Maybe someday we'll convince him to finally sit down and do it!
Trevor: Well if you haven't noticed Marin, I'm kinda busy. I haven't had time to write a book. If I did, I'd write about the first time I met you and how that entire adventure happened. It was quite fun.
Marin: I wouldn't use fun...
Trevor: I thought it was fun. Until the last part.


Marin: What is your favorite animal? And what is your favorite breed of horse, and dog?

Marin: Hmm, this is a tough one. Well, I love all animals but I'm going to say horses. They're magnificent creatures! My favorite breed of horse would be the Kinsky horse, I think. They're so pretty, and powerful, and... yeah, they're amazing! My favorite dog breed is the Russian Wolfhound, also known as the Borzoi. I have a soft spot for sight-hounds.
-OVERRIDE- OVERRIDE- OVERRIDE- OVERRIDE-
I do have one for you Mister Mykola Shapoval...
What is your reason for trying to get rid of Mister Trever Trekker? What has he ever done to you?


Mykola: Simple. I don't like him and I'm going to show him he can't go and stick his nose wherever he wants without consequences. He thinks he can do anything he wants- except what other people want. And he didn't help me when I needed it, so I'm going to rub his face into the ground.

-CONTINUE-

Trevor: What was your favorite adventure?

Trevor: Oh wow. That's hard. Really hard! One adventure that sticks clearly in my mind was when Marin and I decided to head to Russia. I couldn't speak a lick of Russian and Marin spoke it with a heavy Czech accent. Before we knew it, KGB agents showed up out of nowhere and drugged us, dragging us off to interrogation! We would never have escaped if it hadn't been for the fact 4T transported us back at the last possible second. I went back later and discovered in the KGB files that they have been searching for us for years, determined to figure out how we escaped. Needless to say, we haven't actually gone back to Soviet Russia since then. We don't want them to catch us!

Marin: Who's your favorite author? There are so many! But my favorite author is Leo Tolstoy. I really enjoy reading his short stories.

Marin and Trevor: What is one word that you would use to describe each other?

Marin: For Trevor I have one word. ADHD. ;)
Trevor: Hey, that's four words! Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder!
Marin: Ah, but when it's abbreviated it's only one word.
Trevor: I can't stand it when you're right. Fine. You win.
My one word to describe Marin: Considerate. Marin's always thinking of others and trying to help people.
Marin: Aww, that's so sweet. Now I feel bad I called you ADHD.
Trevor: Do you have a better word then?
Marin: If I could choose a second word for Trevor, it would be: Excitable. Trevor's always excited about everything and wants to share that joy with others.
Trevor: ...which I guess is covered by ADHD. I still like your second choice better.


Marin: What is your favorite Christmas memory? Hmm, I think my favorite Christmas memory is probably during the Christmas Truce in 1914, during World War One. I was with the British Troops, while Trevor was with the German Troops. We had gotten separated earlier on and had no idea what happened to the other. When both armies met in the middle of No-Man's Land, I was so surprised and relieved to be reunited again- without more fighting breaking out! We spent hours with both armies singing Christmas carols and laughing together.


Trevor: What is your favorite Christmas song?

Trevor: Snoopy's Christmas, for the same reason as Marin's favorite Christmas memory. :) It's about the Christmas Truce.


Marin: Do you do the cooking normally?
Marin: I do. Don't tell him I said this, but shhh, Trevor is a terrible cook! ;)
Trevor: I am not!


Trevor: Do you ever visit the future?

Trevor: Rarely. I prefer to stay away from the future. Too many strangeness going on then. I'm not a big fan. Far into the future doesn't exist anyways. Y'know, end of the world and stuff, things predicted in Revelation.


Marin: Do you miss Czechoslovakia?

Marin: Yes, I do. I often think about it. I had a good friend when I was younger. Her name was Lenka. We played a lot when we were younger. After the German invasion of Czechoslovakia, I hardly saw her. She was a Jew and had to go into hiding. I don't know what happened to her. I miss her a lot. I miss the Czech countryside too. It was beautiful, full of farms and hills and beautiful buildings.


Okay. Well, we will do another round of questions on a post on Thursday. Hope you enjoyed these answers. If your question didn't get answered, it will get answered on Thursday!

-Trevor and Marin


-OVERRIDE- OVERRIDE- OVERRIDE- OVERRIDE-
Well I'm not done. I've got a couple more things to say.

Mykola Shapoval: What do you have against Trevor???

Mykola: No comment. I already answered that.


Mr. Mykola Shapoval... What do you intend to do to Mr. Trekker and Marin to get back at them for what ever they did to you???

Mykola: Ah, now there's a question that's interesting.
To answer it- I have many plans. But my first plan will be to do a test. You will see what will happen.

-END-

3 comments:

  1. I know that question time is up, but...how come Scots can't marry Brits?
    Ooo, I LOVE the hymn Be Thou My Vision! :D
    Thanks for answering the questions you two...three...this is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun to get to know a little more about you two. Looking forwards to Thursday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get a chance to ask any questions, but I'm really enjoying reading all the ones and got asked and the answers to them! Can't wait till Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment!