History will be kind to me for I intend to write it. -Winston Churchill

Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Unknown: Part Seven

Somewhere that we have no idea exists, that Trevor and Marin don't know about, that no one but two people know about...

I turned to Dominik as he walked into the room, still discombobulated from the force that had taken him from 1962 to now.
"Well, how did it go?" I demanded.
"I thought you knew everything," he murmured, sitting in a chair and rubbing his head.
"I want to know in your words how everything went." I folded my hands behind my back as I began to pace the room. "Did they recognize you? How did they manage to keep the Russians from firing the missile? Did you have any problems?"
Dominik shook his head and blinked. "No, they didn't know me. I don't think they even noticed me."
"Figures," I growled. "Trevor's not exactly the brightest bulb in the box. Continue, please."
"I don't know why the Russians didn't fire, it was odd. I was there, on the deck. Second officer Nikita refused to give his key. I don't know why."
I nodded. "Okay, so he remained steady, even though Trevor and Eli interfered with the timeline. That's good to know."
"And no, nothing happened to me, I had no problems at all," Dominik finished. He leveled his eyes at me and crossed his arms. "So now, why don't you give me some information that I can take back to my comrades in Kirsk?"
I laughed. "Oh Dominik," I exclaimed, "You don't know how this game works, do you?"
"I'd very much like to know." He shot me a glare.
"I'm not going to give you any information until I'm sure we've got Trevor completely in our grasp." I grinned from ear to ear and rubbed my hands together. "And I think I may have made a breakthrough while you were gone."
At this, Dominik raised an eyebrow. "A breakthrough?"
I motioned him over and pointed at the computer. "Look, Dominik. Look at the graph on TTGS. Are you seeing what I'm seeing?"
Dominik stood up and walked over, glancing over my shoulder. "The line that marks your machine and the one that marks the time traveler's machine are intersecting," Dominik said slowly.
"Yes! They are! Right here," I pointed at the year, "In 1833. The Oregon Trail. Dominik, do you know what this means?"
He cocked his head a little, then shook it. "No."
I rolled my eyes. "It means that if you do this last mission for me by going to the Oregon trail time period, my graph will officially collide with Trevor's."
"Meaning?"
I gave him a look. "Meaning I'll be able to transport them back here to the Garrison, Dominik. I'll have Trevor and Elizaveta. I'll have the time traveling watch. There will be nothing left for me to do but to finish my time machine and start fixing history as we know it." I turned to face the young Russian straight on, my fists clenched. "Dominik, you're going to Oregon for one last mission. After this, you can go home and I'll give you a history book."
There seemed to be a bit of doubt in the young man's eyes, but he nodded. "Okay. But- but I must ask, what will happen to the Scottish man and the little girl?"
I turned my back to him and stared at my computer, leaning on the desk. "That's my problem."

The End



10 comments:

  1. I wonder what will happen?
    ---Eve

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh! Why do these parts always leave you on the edge of your seat???

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? The End??? As in that's the end of the Unknown posts? But- but how are we supposed to know what happens next... AUGH! Evil bad guys! You've ruined my day. >.<
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the real end to this?
    Hmm, I think this month will be hard to wait through!!! Thankfully, my life seems so busy that I am left mentally in Tuesday when my body is in Wednesday! School, teaching, and besides my current nine-weeks exams, and waking up early in the morning, I'm getting to the point where I feel like the morning and evening are totally different days! :D
    God bless!
    Ira-Grace
    Psalm 30:12-13

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! Oh you...
    Sure now, you've certainly got a problem, but it's not what you expect...
    And that's the truth of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!!! Next Friday, hurry, hurry, hurry!!! xO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh Noooo. now I am really on the edge of my seat... This can't be the end for ever can it??? all I know is none of the other parts ended with "The End". I can't wait till next month...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa, sounds cool. Hope this isn't the end of your unknown thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't leave me hanging.November 7, 2014 at 6:46 PM

    Okay, theres absolutely NO way this is ending! Right? UGH! This is scary! whats going to happen? don't leave me hanging!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment!