History will be kind to me for I intend to write it. -Winston Churchill

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Dear Friends...

Trevor: I'm sure most of you are probably wondering why we asked you to come back on Wednesday. Well, we need to tell you something.

Marin: To start, thank you so much for all of your support and all the things you've done for us, you wonderful readers. We had so much fun sharing our adventures with you as we traveled through history. Mainly American history, but some world history as well. We enjoyed the comments, the interaction and the fun we had with you!

Trevor: But we've come to the end of the American history course. Yes, we do know a lot about world history as well, but I have been doing some scheduling-

Marin: A LOT of scheduling. I have to sit around and wait for him to finish it up, which is very boring.

Trevor: Ahem.

Marin: Sorry.

Trevor: What I'm trying to say is that Marin and I have decided it's time to step away from the blog and focus on our own personal lives. This blog has taken up a lot of our time, and though we enjoy it, it's hard to run it regularly and do the things in our lives that we do- half the time when you see these posts we're not even here, we're off adventuring in some foreign land trying to stay out of trouble!

Marin: This was a very hard decision for us to make, as we do love to share our stories with you. But now that Trevor wants to get married to Ilene-

Trevor: Don't listen to her! We're not even engaged yet!

Marin: Well, they're close to getting engaged. I saw the ring-

Trevor: Okay, enough, Marin! back to the subject. Like I was saying before Marin interrupted, yes, our personal lives are beginning to take up more time and it's hard for us to do this blog. We will leave it active and we might do posts once in a while, but there will not be any set  schedule anymore.

Marin: But we're talking about writing a book!

Trevor: You mean I'm talking about writing a book. Yes. This is being discussed. We haven't decided yet. It would take a lot of work, because I don't enjoy writing very much. Also, I'd need a lot of editing help, but we do have a friend of ours who is willing to help us write it. I'm not much of a writer and neither is Marin, but a close friend of ours, Emily McConnell (she used to call herself Calamity Rene on the internet) told us that whenever we wanted to write our story down she'd be willing to help. So we might take her up on that. *HINT HINT, Emily, we're going to be begging you to write it soon!* She's got her own projects at the moment and I haven't written down my fist draft of the story yet to give her, so that may be a long time from now.

Marin: Trevor is the king of procrastination. He doesn't like writing at all.

Trevor: It's hard to believe this blog has been going for a whole year. We've really enjoyed our time with you and experimenting with the wonderful world of blogging. If we do decide to collaborate with Emily and write a book, we'll let you know.

Marin: For now, thank you for your support and God Bless! We hope you enjoyed this blog! Feel free to reread anything on here!

Trevor: Take care and may God bless your walk with Him. Enjoy your summer as well, it's coming up fast!

Together: bye!


-Trevor Trekker and Marin Maklakov

8 comments:

  1. Crying...not really. But I will miss this!
    I have been away for a bit, so I do have a month or so to catch up on. But thanks for all the time you've put into this. I've learned lots (the way I LIKE to learn history-as if I were there! In fact, I've got this great idea. Going around my province, maybe to some villages, dressed up in 18th century attire. I'd love to see the reactions!!!). I'm currently actually in the exciting project of writing a Christmas play-based around World War 2 and its effects on Canada. The basis is around "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day", and I can't wait to see what happens in it. (I've got scene one, war declared. Scene two will be enlistments. Scene three, probably get the recruits off to war. Then, all I know is that everyone will be in on the war effort, I'll kill several characters, injure one, and have a war bride. I love the irony in scene one, but it was quite common in that time.) I'd best go now. I have to get something to eat and get ready to continue with school. That's nice about homeschooling-you are never left waiting for a bus!
    Anyway, thanks Treavor and Marin for the hours of work "behind the scenes" on this blog. It was very appreciated, and if you ever get that book down, I'll be quick to buy it! Also, if you ever start anything else like this, let me know!
    God bless you both!
    Indi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I'll definitely miss all the posts and the stories. I really, really enjoyed all your adventures! I hope you do write your book, I would LOVE to be able to get it and have it to read :) Thanks for all the time you took for this blog. . .and I hope you'll write about Ilene in the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nooo!
    I'm gonna miss your posts. They were fun, informative, and really great!
    I hope you do write a book! I would LOVE to get it. :D
    Well, hope you both have a wonderful summer! :)
    I'll miss you two!
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh to bad.I really enjoyed your blog.Have a great summer,and God Bless.
    ----Eve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, gonna miss the Wednesday stories, great blog, have a good summer. Hope you post again when you have time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's going to be a hole in my wednesday :'-(
    Well thank you guys sooooo much for sharing your stories with us for a whole year... I have really really enjoyed it and I will diffidently miss it. Oh and I sure hope you do decide to write a book because even if you don't enjoy writing I think your good at it :) and of course I am sure everyone who has been following your blog this past year will want to read it :)

    Guess I'll have to pick back up on my reading now that I don't get a blog post on Wednesday any more... I have a list of gotta read books piling up any way :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely make a book. But don't forget to add Ilene in it...she's kinda important. ;) I'll miss your posts... :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll miss you! Yes, get together with Emily and write a book! That would be super cool and she is a super talented writer!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment!