History will be kind to me for I intend to write it. -Winston Churchill

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Revealed: Part Seven

Previously on Trevor Trekker's Terrific Time Travel Tales, Voyage of the Unknown:
We glanced over at Dominik, who was wide awake as well. "It's a storm," he repeated. "We must've hit bad weather."
"I want to go home!" Marin wailed. "I don't want to be on a ship in a storm!"
Past Trevor got onto his feet unsteadily. "Don't cry, Maureen!" he exclaimed cheerfully.
"Marin!" I growled. "Her name is Marin."
"Whatever." He waved it off. "The Mayflower doesn't sink. It says so in the history books. You don't have to worry at all. This is going to be fun!"
I was about ready to slap him-- which means I was ready to slap myself.
We had bigger things to worry about, though, when a flash of light exploded in front of us, and a figure we knew all to well appeared.
"Mykola!"


I had known he would show up on my radar sooner or later.
I'd thought I was capable of killing him as a child. I was about ready to do it, too. Trevor had been nothing but trouble to me. If it weren't for him, my family would still be alive. He'd refused to try and save them, to try and figure out a way to bring them back. Now it was my turn to return the favor.
But I couldn't do it. I'd killed before, but no matter who it was, I could not kill a child. I had my chance. I'd seen the eight-year-old boy playing by himself at the playground in Bowerhope, Scotland. I could have done it. I should have done it.
I could not. I may be able to kill, but I was not able to bring myself to kill a child. Even if that child was Trevor.
So I switched tactics. I went back to the Civil War time period, only to find Trevor, Dominik and Elizaveta had managed to escape, thanks to future Trevor. How they'd gotten their hands on 4T, I had no idea. It meant they were able to wrestle the time travel contraption away from me in the future. And I was not going to let that happen!
Improvising again, I went back to my hideout, used my TTGS to locate where the time line had been tampered and found that the three trouble makers had gone to 1650.
And that's exactly where I'd found them.
The light burst around me. I stumbled back, surprised to find the ground beneath me pitching like a bucking horse.
"Mykola!" three voices exclaimed at once.
Several people from the other side of whatever we were in screamed and screeched. Some of the men leapt to their feet and stood in front of their women. Obviously they'd never seen a time traveler before, surprising because Trevor was never very subtle when he did these trips.
I put my hands out against the wall to steady myself, then glanced over at my quarry. Oh... and another Trevor is here, too. 
"So, we meet again," I growled, more out of annoyance than anything devious. "Did you really think you could hide from me?"
"Hey wait a second..." whichever Trevor it was lit up with recognition. "Mykola! It's you! I haven't seen you in four weeks!"
Okay. Obviously that's Past Trevor. 
"Shut up, McIntire," I snarled. I turned back to whom I now realized was the Trevor I was after. "I'm surprised you managed to get 4T away from me. Even more surprised you'd come here instead of heading back to your home. What are you hiding?"
Trevor from the future had managed to get to his feet, Dominik standing next to him, his fists clenched and ready to fight. Behind them, Marin cowered, staring at me with her big blue eyes. If I didn't know any better, I'd say she looked exactly like my little sister.
The thought brought back memories from the past. Memories of the night my family had died. I shook my head and steadied myself as what I now realized was a boat made another plunge. Trevor was the reason my family was dead. Trevor would pay.
"We're not hiding anything, unfortunately," Trevor moaned. "We were looking for 4T-2, but haven't managed to find it."
I searched his eyes. He was lying. He had to be lying!
He wasn't lying.
"You mean to say you made a second 4T and I didn't know about it?" I hissed.
"Well of course you didn't know about it, you were considering killing me when I left! Why would I tell you I made a second one?" Trevor huffed.
"Where is it?"
Past Trevor glanced from Future Trevor to me. "Am I missing something here? Because I thought I told you I forgot where 4T-2 was. It's lost."
"Yes, Trevor, very helpful," Future Trevor muttered.
A scuffle noise sounded behind me. I whirled around and put my hand in my pocket, ready to fire. Several of the men from the ship, whom I believed were what I'd learned were called pilgrims, stood ready to fight me.
"What is the meanin' of this?" one of the men demanded. "Who are ye? What doest thou doing here?"
Fantastic. Just what I needed. A distraction.
"Get away from me," I warned. "I'm trying to conduct some business here."
"You appeared out of nowhere, and Thou thinks we shall leave you to torment other passengers?" a man with a beard huffed.
I'd had enough of this. I whipped out my gun and fired it at a water barrel. The women and children screamed. Several of the men stepped back. I turned and fired it again at a food barrel, grain spilling out of it.
"Now you see that I mean business!" I roared. "I have multiple shots in this pistol of mine, and I will not hesitate to use it. Now back off!"
They glanced at each other, then stepped away. I made sure no one was going to try to be the brave man, then turned back to Trevor.
Except he was gone. All of them were gone.
I cursed and looked all around the deck, but the truth was inevitable. They'd slipped away.
I am going to do something really bad to him when I get my hands on him! I'd search this ship high and low, even if I had to go onto the main deck in the storm to find him. He would not get away.

~oOo~

Twenty minutes later I discovered that Trevor and the others had escaped off the ship, a box that I later realized had contained the second 4T-2 lay next to the grain barrel I'd shot, and I was left without a clue as to where they'd gone.
The storm raged around me. The wind howled, the boat bucked, lightning flashed.
"I will find you, Trevor!" I yelled in the wind, more to myself than anyone else. "I will find you and I will make you pay!"
He would pay for what he'd done to my family and to my life. I would make him suffer.
And I'd start with that woman he was crazy over. Let's see how much he enjoyed having those he loved being taken away from him! But I'd have to devise a carefully laid out plan...

5 comments:

  1. How many more posts are there in these stories left? I love them!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indi, I have no idea how many posts there will be in this series. It all depends on Mykola. >:-(

      Delete
  2. Oh Boy... can it get any worse???

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment!