History will be kind to me for I intend to write it. -Winston Churchill

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Month Ahead

Well I hope you enjoyed our time down at Grand Coulee Dam! How many of you have been able to see the marvel of the twentieth century? It is quite a fascinating trip, I can tell you that. I hope someday if you haven’t already you’ll get a chance to see what a great job the men from the thirties did on building it.
            Again, if you have any questions be sure to leave a comment or send us an email. We’d love to answer your queries on the Great Depression or whatever other time period you want to know more about. If we don’t know the answer, we will find out for you!
            Are you ready for this next month’s adventures? Good, because we’re in for some crazy times! Join us for another exciting trek through time as we dig into…

July

2014


Week
Topic
What to expect
1
The Civil War
A history on the Civil War, a little known fact and a date from history.
2
Book Recommendations
Three fantastic books/series we think you’ll enjoy about the Civil War.
3
Ooops! Part One
Trevor and I accidently slip up real bad when we let a confederate spy get away with top secret information from the Union
4
Ooops! Part Two
The continuation of our adventure as we try to track down the spy before we change out the outcome of the war.
5
Ooops! Part Three
The conclusion of our wild goose chase--along with a few surprises.

A little picture to illustrate next week's history lesson.

10 comments:

  1. Huzzah! I LOVE the Civil War era!!
    I'll be checking every day for new posts!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we hope you like it, we're taking on a bit of a different view on the war.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, now it's time to recall our great bumble in the matters of...well, we can't tell you until we get there. :) Let's just say it's my turn to tell the story, and you'll find we got ourselves into quite a bit of trouble.

      Delete
    2. Trouble? Trouble? That wasn't trouble at all, my dear lass! Trouble was when you and I were in Austria. Remember?

      Delete
    3. :)
      Either way, it'll be great! :D

      Delete
  3. Oh yes yes yes!!!! My favorite history subject!!!!
    ~ JT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're excited, I hope we don't disappoint! :)

      Delete
  4. I can't wait! I agree with Megs, one of my absolute favorite eras is during the Civil War! I love the outfits.
    A quick question for Marin...do you or Trevor have to "dress up" in costumes to be able to "fit in" during the time periods you travel to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we sure do! Trevor often bypasses the rules and makes up an excuse for his bizarre outfits-- he likes to wear a lab-coat, hiking boots, jeans and a dress shirt with a tie. I'm not kidding. He calls it his crazy scientist outfit. But I always dress up in the outfit for the times. I really like my bonnet and skirt I get to wear when we're in...we'll, I'm getting ahead of myself. Just wait until we get there. :)

      Delete

Leave us a comment!